78’ FJ40. Started its life in Mountain Home Idaho and never left the state, at least for too long. I acquired this rig a year and a half ago from the family of the gentleman that restored it. He had owned it for 29 years. It has multiple modifications and upgrades throughout the years, I’ll do my best to list them all.
*Chevy Small block conversion with the original 4 speed transmission.
*Power steering modification.
*Disc brake conversion all four wheels
*3” Old Man Emu lift
*Gearing was re-done down to 4:55 I believe. Currently has Yukon pneumatic selectable locker.
*Upgraded interior seats. The rear jump seats were replaced with a bench. Driver side seat rail was modified to allow taller drivers more leg room.
* Tuffy lockable center console installed
*Warn Winch. Model M8274, CB radio and antenna will come with the rig.
* 32” Mickey Thompson MTZ P5s Installed on 17” Stealth Custom Series “Dark Bronze” wheels.
* Aftermarket telescopic side view mirrors. I still have the originals which will go with the sell
* After market steering wheel is installed but I also have the original steering wheel which can be swapped out if you so please.
* The rear tire carrier has a custom basket to fit a Yeti 45 cooler.
* A Vintage Air A/C unit was installed. aA custom aluminum radiator installed. This thing does NOT get hot,
The Cruiser was stripped down to the frame in 2015. Two years later it finally met pavement (and trails) again after being “restored”. During that the previous owner fixed and replaced body panels that had acquired rust over the years.
top of page